Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
My theory is called Leininger’s Cultural Care Diversity & Universality Theory founded by Madeleine Leininger.
“Transcultural Health Model” presented in the mid-1970’s; modified and updated several times.
◦ She was an anthropologist as well as a nurse.
◦ Purpose of the theory was to generate knowledge about
caring for clients while considering their cultural
backgrounds and values.
◦ “Culturally congruent” nursing care to clients of diverse
cultures is the intended goal of this theory.
◦ Major concepts:
◦ Culture, culture care, cultural differences (Diversities), and
cultural similarities (universals).
◦ Other concepts include care and caring, emic view, etic
view, lay system of health care, professional system of
healthcare, and culturally congruent nursing care
◦Important for nurses to understand the
individual’s view of illness and the cultural
similarities and differences (between the client
and the nurse) to positively influence nursing
care and health.
◦Over 23 different cultural groups have been
researched using her theory over the past two
◦Her theory is used as a theoretical framework for
many graduate students and nursing scholars.
For this assignment select a middle range theory (the one I selected is mentioned above: Leininger’s Cultural Care Diversity & Universality Theory) Using this theory, develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
1. Define the middle range theory and the purpose of the selected middle range theory.
2. Define and discuss the nursing metaparadigm within the context of the selected middle range theory.
a. Explain how the theorist employs and defines each of the four concepts that comprise the nursing metaparadigm within the
selected middle range theory
3. Explain the importance of the selected middle range theory in nursing practice.
a. provide and discuss two examples of use of the selected middle-range theory from current practice
4. The scholarly paper should be 4-5 pages excluding the title and reference pages.
5. Include level 1 and level 2 headings.
6. The paper should begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The introductory paragraph and purpose
statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to address.
7. The paper should include a conclusion.
8. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
9. Include a minimum of three references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) to
support the paper. ***Historical references may be used as appropriate. (Definition of historical reference: reference to a well-
known person, place event or literary work that adds meaning to the paper.)
10. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations). Please follow the template that is attached below when writing paper