Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Ch. 11 Study Questions
1. What two chemical elements is the Sun chiefly made of?
2. How hot (in Kelvin) is the surface of the Sun?
3. How hot (in Kelvin) is the center of the Sun?
4. What are the three layers of the Suns atmosphere, from bottom to top?
5. The Sun is made of plasma. What is plasma?
6. What are granules, seen on the surface of the Sun?
7. Why are sunspots darker than the surrounding solar surface?
8. What is the most powerful eruption on the Sun?
9. What is the nuclear reaction that powers the Sun?
10. How long has the Sun been “burning?”
11. If the Sun really were “on fire,” how long would it shine?