Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
You will need Gardner’s Art through the Ages: Backpack Edition, Book E: Modern Europe and America, 15th Edition. You will need this exact edition because you need to cite pages you use from there in the assignment. It does not allow me to share my textbook or take screenshots from it, so that’s why it is important you have this textbook because I can not provide any material.
In a short paper of at least one (1) page (double spaced) that includes references to the textbook and the assigned viewing for the week, describe Vincent van Gogh’s work Wheatfield with Crows (1890) in your own words. What stands out to you? Why? Then reflect on how the painting illustrates both van Gogh’s individual experience as well as some of the broader elements of Post-Impressionism.
Read Gardner’s Art Through the Ages: Backpack Edition, Book E: Modern Europe and America, 15th Edition Chap. 28. Focus on the section about Post-Impressionism
Watch The Power of Art – Van Gogh
Please use in-text citations to reference where you are pulling ideas from. For the text book, use: (Kleiner, pg #). For the video, use (Schama, Van Gogh Video).
1. The paper must meet the required minimum length of 250 words (roughly one page double-spaced). (5pts)
2. The paper is to be written in complete sentences, including proper grammar and spelling. (5 pts)
3. In-text citations for the sources of information, including information from the textbook and the assigned video, must be included. (5pts)
4. Addresses all aspects of the given question. (30 pts)
5. Includes a clear thesis (main argument in reply to the question) and logical structure. (5pts)