Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Week 2: Discussion 2
Please note that this is not always easy or obvious, as it is a rare event to find a theory or concept paper that exactly mirrors your topic. Consult with the Walden Library to be creative with keywords and search strategies that will generate a scholarly article (or articles) appropriate to your topic.
For this Discussion, you will examine the theoretical and conceptual frameworks in qualitative research.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review the Grant and Osanloo article related to conceptual and theoretical frameworks found in the Learning Resources and consider how a conceptual framework differs from a theoretical framework.
· Use the Course Guide and Assignment Help to help you search for a research article on your topic of interest that uses a theoretical or conceptual framework. (Note: This can be the same article as the one you will use for your Annotated Bibliography in this week’s Assignment.)
· Post an explanation of how Grant and Osanloo (2014) describe the differences between conceptual and a theoretical framework. Support your explanation with examples from the article as well as from your texts.
· Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
· Ravitch, S. M., & Carl, N. M. (2021). Qualitative research: Bridging the conceptual, theoretical, and methodological (2nd ed.) Sage Publications.
o Chapter 2, “Using Conceptual Frameworks in Research” (pp. 32–61)
o Chapter 3, “Critical Qualitative Research Design” (pp. 62–103)
§ “Qualitative Research Design” (focus on pp. 62-63)
· Rubin, H. J., & Rubin, I. S. (2012). Qualitative interviewing: The art of hearing data (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
o Chapter 1, “Listening, Hearing, and Sharing” (pp. 1–11)
o Chapter 2, “Research Philosophy and Qualitative Interviews” (pp. 13–24)