Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
This assignment focuses on your ability to: learn how to identify the plot devices of a piece of
The purpose of completing this assignment is: as a student and a career professional, you will
need to read and analyze many different forms of literature. Very often, you will need to report on those
pieces of literature. This is good practice for developing those skills!
Prompt (What are you writing about?)
• After reading the stories in the unit, select one story to write an analysis of the plot on. Please
answer the following questions about that short short story or fairy tale in three paragraphs:
What is the plot of the story and how clear is that plot? What would you consider to be the
main message of the story based on the plot?
Instructions (how to get it done):
• Write your response that details the prompt above. Be sure to analyze one of the short
short stories or fairy tales in a short response with an introduction, one body
paragraph using at least one piece of evidence from the selected story, and a
• Your response should be three paragraphs (does not include the title page) with a clear introduction, body
paragraph, and conclusion.
• Your response should have a properly APA formatted title page. The title page template is in
the Unit 1 resources.
• Please use proper APA format if you quote, paraphrase, or summarize the story by including
an in-text citation after the evidence and a reference listed on the References page. Also,
remember to use quotation marks if you include a direct quote.
• You must use evidence to support your points in the body paragraph.
• The paper should be double spaced with 1-inch margins. Choice of fonts: 11-point Calibri,
11-point Arial,12-point Times New Roman.
• Please be cautious about plagiarism. Make sure to use internal citations for direct quotes,
paraphrases, and new information.
Edward Davis as author
Post University as School