Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
• lease briefly jog your memory about each of the 7 modules you’ve completed.
• Then, write a short paper answering the following in relation to each module:
o What did you find most interesting and why?
o What were you most surprised by and why?
• WhatReading 1: What do Psychologists Do? Rosenberg-McKay, D. (2019, June 25). What does a psychologist do? Retrieved from www.thebalancecareers.com
• Reading 2: What Psychology Majors Could (And Should) Be Doing Silvia, P.J., Delaney, P.F., & Marcovitch, S. (2017) What psychology majors could (and should) be doing: A guide to research experience, professional skills, and your options after college (p. 3–8). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/15965-001.
• Reading 3: Preparing to Use Your Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology Appleby, D.C., Hettich, P., & Spencer, S. (n.d). Preparing to Use Your Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/careers/resources/guides/bachelors
• Reading 4: Myths about Psychology Majors Cherry, K. (2019, July 23). Myths about Psychology majors. Verywellmind.com website verywellmind.com/myths-about-psychology-majors-2795129
• Reading 5: Preparing Psychology Majors to Enter the Workforce: Then, Now, With Whom, and How Appleby, D.C. (2018). Preparing Psychology majors to enter the workforce: Then, now, with whom, and how. Society for the teaching of Psychology, 45 (1), 14-23. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0098628317744944
• Reading 6: Careers in Psychology. Spielman, R. M. (2017). Psychology. OpenStax-Rice University: Houston, TX : https://cnx.org/contents/Sr8Ev5Og@9.2:iLkaPS1F@6/Careers-in-Psychology
• Reading 7: The skillful psychology student: Skills you will need to succeed in the 21st-Century workplace Appleby, D.C., Young, J., Van Kirk, J., Rudmann, J., Naufel, K.Z., Spencer, S.M., Hettich, P., Carducci, B.J., & Richmond, A.S. (2019). Psychology Student Network. https://www.apa.org/ed/precollege/psn/2019/02/skillful-student
• wasn: Why Should We Care about Research? The Whys and Hows of the Scientific Method
• Reading 2: Why Is Research Important? & Approaches to Research – Sections 2.1 and 2.2 only
• Reading 3: Psychological Science
• Reading 4 (Optional): Psychologists Use the Scientific Method to Guide Their Research
• Lecture Video
o ’t as interesting to you to learn?