Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Please use your textbook and any outside resources to answer all of the following questions. Each question has a required page count, be sure to write no less than the required page count. Be careful not to plagiarize, do not copy and paste your answers verbatim, and cite your sources appropriately.
Use your textbook to answer the following questions:
1. What is biological anthropology? Give at least 3 concrete examples of the diverse types of questions a biological anthropologist might research and answer. (1/2 page, single-spaced)
2. How do genetics produce human variation? Please include an explanation of the following: alleles, Mendelian genetics (dominant vs. recessive genes and traits), chromosomes, gametes, and population. (½ page)
3. What is evolution? How does it work? Please include an explanation of the processes of natural selection (e.g., what conditions drive natural selection), genetic drift, gene flow, and mutation and how these factors contribute to evolutionary processes. (1-1.5 pages, single-spaced)
4. How are new species formed? (1/2 page, single-spaced)
5. What is a primate? What traits distinguish primates from other mammals? (1 page, single-spaced)
Next, write 4 pages (double-spaced) on a primate species of your choice (we will provide one to you if needed). Include answers to the following:
Using the attached cladogram, where does this species fit into the primate order, and what skeletal features tell you it fits into this group? Describe at least 3 unique skeletal anatomical features that help you classify this species.
Where do they live and what is their habitat like? Describe any anthropogenic threats to this species’ environment and explain any conservation efforts being taken.
What do they eat?
What are their social system and social organization?
Discuss one interesting thing about their behavior.
*Cite your sources throughout. These can be reputable internet sources, your textbook, other books, or our scientific journal articles. Include a list of references at the end.
Link to textbook: