Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Please finish the required readings and then write a reflection paper base on the readings (see readings from attached files)
– Define what we mean by “capital budgeting” in a public budgeting context.
– The States and the Federal government approach capital budgeting very differently. Briefly outline the general approaches taken by the States versus the Federal government, addressing the key advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.
– There is vigorous debate among economists and others about whether or not the Federal approach should look more like the State approach. From what you’ve learned about States, do you find arguments in favor of a separate capital budget for the Federal government compelling? Why or why not?
– Paper Length: 300-400 words
Well-organized; free of grammatical errors or typos
Well-crafted and clear; facts and opinions are differentiated
There is a logical flow to your thinking
All parts of the prompt are addressed
Readings are referenced by identifying the key thesis or theme and integrated into the discussion
Paper exhibits creative thought, analysis, and synthesis
1. GFOA Capital Budget Presentation:
2. CBO: Budgeting for Federal Investment
3. Pros and Cons of a Separate Capital Budget for the Federal Government
5.NASBO Capital Budgeting in the States.pdf