Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Instruction for Literature Review
• This Literature reviews must be between 3000 and 4000 words, including abstract within 250 words at the beginning of the literature review.
• Three (3) sources/scholarly articles to be used for this literature review paper. Sources must not be older than 10 years (2022-2012).
• Vancouver reference style must be used for this literature review paper, References in the text are numbered and listed in order of appearance, References are formatted according to the Vancouver style
• Text is presented in a clear font, in Times New Roman, double-spaced, and in 12-point size, Pages are numbered consecutively, starting with title page, All margins are 1 inch (2.5 cm).
• Literature review must follow this given structure as follow: Title page, Abstract, PICO question, Key words & Search strategies, Introduction, Literature Review, PICO Conclusion, Citation
• Title page ( No specific instruction)
• ABSTRACT in the beginning of the paper must include following: Objective (including subject or procedure reviewed); Method (strategy for review including databases selected); Results and Discussion (findings from an analysis of the literature); and Conclusion (what the authors have derived from the analysis).
• PICO question is provided in the topic title: – For diabetic client with xerostomia, will use of Xylitol gum compare to artificial saliva products help to reduce xerostomia?
• KEY WORDS: provide 6–10 keywords or short phrases from the text for indexing purposes. Key words should be listed after the abstract.
• Introduction: Rationale for question/topic is insightful and succinct.
• For literature review each article section must include following for each article in given sequence as follow; Title, Introduction/Purpose, Methods, Results, Critique, and Conclusion
• TEXT for Literature reviews provide a comprehensive, explorative summary and critique of published work in order to answer a broad question that may be more generally stated. Such reviews should be organized in a logical manner and include the following components: Article/Published work Title; followed by Introduction/Purpose that provides a concise background and rationale for the inquiry. It should also include the purpose of the inquiry and its relevance to practice and/or the profession; Methods that clearly describe the search strategies used; databases accessed; and the keywords selected for searches.
Inclusion and exclusion criteria must be documented when applicable; Results and Discussion that present findings from the literature; review, compare, and contrast them, and include a discussion of possible explanations for differences within the findings; Critique of the used article/scholarly research; Conclusion that summarizes the findings and their implications for practice and the profession. The conclusion must be supported by the literature analyzed.
• PICO Conclusion: The writing is persuasive and articulate, Provides a succinct summary of complex ideas, writing style is geared to professional audience.
• Citation: Vancouver reference style must be used for this literature review paper, References in the text are numbered and listed in order of appearance, References are formatted according to the Vancouver style.