Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
1. Based on your definition of entrepreneurship, can a firm be truly entrepre- neurial if it does not expand globally?
2. How prevalent and important are small entrepreneurial firms in economies around the globe?
3. ON CULTURE: Which societal norms tend to encourage entrepreneurship, and which tend to discourage it?
4. How important are an entrepreneur’s resources and capabilities in determin- ing his or her success? Why?
5. Name and describe three major characteristics associated with an entrepre- neurial firm’s growth.
6. What qualities typically compensate for an entrepreneurial firm’s lack of tangible resources?
7. Summarize three modes that SMEs can use to enter foreign markets.
1. How do foreign firms suffer from liability of foreignness?
2. What does the institution-based view suggest about how a firm should address the liability of foreignness? What does the resource-based view advise?
3. ON CULTURE: What risk does a firm take in putting strategic goals ahead of cultural distance?
4. Describe how four strategic goals may affect the decision of where to enter.