Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Obtain the following textbooks from an electronic library:
An Introduction to Pentecostalism: Global Charismatic Christianity. Allan Anderson.
#978-052-1532808 Cambridge 2004
Signs of the Spirit. Howard Snyder. # 978-1579100308
Truth Therapy – Expanded Edition. Peter Bellini. #978-1-62564-833-3 Wipf and
Ministry in the Image of God. Steve Seamands. 978-083-08333-82. IVP, 2006.
This is a 2 part assignment that needs to be written in clear English and with a Christian voice.
using the Snyder text – list and define the following six theological theories or
models of renewal and four socio-cultural theories or models of renewal. For each theory/model identify the model, define it, identify the main proponents, explain how it proposes renewal, and critique it. Basically, answer
who, what, when, where, why, and how.
(4) Sociocultural frameworks :
2. Rational Choice theory
3. Secularization-Sacralization theory
4. Wallace’s Revitalization theory
(6) Theological frameworks:
1. Believer’s Theory
2. Evangelical Revivalism
3. Church Planting Movements
4. Missional Church Theory
5. Church within a Church
6. Confluence theory.
research the following 6 Sections about the early Methodists. There MUST be at least six sections in the paper expounding on each of these areas.
1. history – at least 2 pages covering the history
of the movement, including key persons, dates, events, and ideas.
2. theology – at least 2 pages covering the theology of the movement, including scriipture and theological interaction.
3. practices – at least 2 pages covering the spiritual practices of the movement (usually within the church as opposed to mission outside of the church)
4. mission – at least 2 pages covering the mission(s) of the movement
5. impact on the church and world – at least 2 or more pages. covering the movement’s impact and influence on other renewal movements and in the world
6. provide an application for a local church – at least 2 pages of application of what you have learned that can be applied to a local ministry setting.