Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
I would want my essay to be about body image
The field of education is vast and complex with many stakeholders involved, sometimes controversies arise. These controversial issues usually begin with a single or a series of historical events. There also are usually arguments on both sides of the issue, both supporting and opposing. Since these issues may cause strife and division, federal and state policymakers, state and local administration, teachers, students, parents, and community members attempt to offer solutions to these controversial issues.
Relating to these controversial issues are cultural identifiers which can be defined as characteristics or conditions that make each individual unique. Usually, one or more cultural identifiers are at the root of controversial issues. Understanding both the controversial issue and the related cultural identifier can help stakeholders find the best, most equitable, and most ethical solution for everyone involved.
Select a controversial topic related to diverse cultures and communities currently affecting K-12 education. My topic is about body image. Utilizing sources found in the GCU Library and the EDU-330 Research Guide, complete a 500-750 word brainstorming essay on your topic and address the following prompts:
• Describe the controversial topic and cultural identifier. Explain the connection between the controversial topic, the cultural identifier, and the role of social justice.
• Summarize the key historical events that have significantly affected your specific controversial topic.
• Summarize the topic in the context of K-12 education, including the related cultural identifier and any associated controversies.
• Identify current scholarly statements for the controversial topic, including at least one supporting and one opposing.
• Describe how this controversial issue could affect future teaching practices and how it could affect future students.
• Summarize related policies or methods that have been implemented at the local level including both districts and schools as a solution to the controversial issue.¬¬¬
Begin conducting research to support your opinion on the controversial issue. Collect a minimum of three scholarly resources from the last five years to support your rough draft due in Topic 4. Submit a 50-150 word summary for each of the three articles, including how the articles apply to your chosen topic.¬¬
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide