Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
This is the first step in my research paper. I’m interested in showing how poverty is not caused by choice but is a result of the “safety net” programs thus defining structural racism.
For this assignment I need to come up with:
1) 10 research questions on my topic
2) 1-2 peer-reviewed sources and an article published within the past year from the New Yorker, The Atlantic, The New York Times, The Washington post, High Country News (give periodical name and date of publication)
3) In one paragraph (5-7) sentences, summarize the sources, focusing on the elements that are most relevant to your inquiry.
4) How do these sources help you form an opinion or help you with your topic proposal? Does it answer any of your research questions? Explain in one paragraph (5-7 paragraphs).
5) Does this source in some way point to a potential policy solution for your chosen issue? If so, explain in one paragraph, offering at least one specific piece of evidence. AT LEAST ONE OF MY SOURCES MUST DO THIS.
6)Give an MLA style citation for your sources.