Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
This assignment has two parts: the first requires you to interview one person within your field of study, and the second requires an analysis of your interview experience.
****Part I: Spiritual Assessment Survey and Interview
– First create a spiritual assessment survey.
– Based on the spiritual assessment resources in the topic Resources and any other guidelines from your field of study, create a spiritual assessment survey that includes at least five questions about how a stressful health or wellness experience amplified spiritual concerns or needs.
– The questions should cover: belief in God, faith traditions, spiritual practices, spiritual sources of comfort, and other means of support. In addition, include demographic questions such as sex, age, ethnicity, and religion.
– Do not include specific names and other personal information.
****Second, select one person to interview, based on the following criteria:
– Able to meet in-person
– Has had a stressful health or wellness experience (positive or negative) related to your field study
– Agrees to a spiritual needs assessment interview
****Third, use the spiritual assessment survey you created to interview the selected person.
– During the interview, record the interviewee’s responses. The transcript should include the questions asked and the answers provided.
*****Part II: Analysis
Write a 500-750-word analysis of your interview experience. Include the following in your response:
– The spiritual assessment survey questions that you asked and summary of responses.
– In what ways did the interviewee’s experience amplify his or her spiritual concerns or needs? Explain your answer with examples.
– What is the importance of understanding various diverse cultures, values, beliefs, and experiences when assessing spiritual concerns and needs?
– How does this inform communication between health care professionals, caregivers, and those to whom you provide care? Provide examples.
– Based on the interview process, answer the following:
– What went well? Provide examples.
– Were there any barriers or challenges that inhibited your ability to complete the spiritual assessment survey?
– How would you address these in the future or change your assessment to better address these challenges?
– How does the spiritual assessment survey allow you to better meet the needs of your patient?
What other insights do you have about providing spiritual care in your field of study?
****Benchmark Information – This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.3: Explain how illness and stress can amplify spiritual concerns and needs of others.
– BS Health Care Administration
4.3: Recognize the diverse cultures, values, beliefs, and experiences among cross-functional teams, patients, families, and populations.