Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Each of your answers should be written using your own words. Do not copy and paste from your textbook or an Internet source. Simply copying from the book word-for-word does not show me that you understand the concepts. Ensure you cite your work and add reference(s) at the end of your journal. This assignment is designed to see if you are reading and understanding the material from your textbook and learning modules, so these should be the sources you are citing in your work. You should not need to do research from additional resources unless the question specifically asks you to do so; you should not be Googling the answers for these questions.
Please review the APA module under the “Getting Started” area if you need assistance. As a criminal justice professional, it is imperative that you learn the finer aspects of writing. Citing and referencing are part of the gradable criteria for your weekly work.
All questions are worth 20 points: criminal evidence.
1. Under what circumstances may a confession be deemed unconstitutional? Discuss each circumstance you identify.
2. Discuss, define, compare and contrast the law on the permissibility of ordinary and expert witnesses to give their opinions. Be sure to provide examples.
3. Discuss the functions of impeaching a witnesses’ testimony and provide a real life example.
4. Define “hearsay”. Provide an example and explain why it meets the definition of hearsay.
5. There are several “privileges” that may be available to certain witnesses under certain situations. Identify and explain at least three of these privileges. Also provide your thoughts regarding these privileges and explain whether you believe they protect information that should or should not be protected.
Journal Assignment Grading:
Each assignment is given equal weight out of 100 points.; each question is worth 20 points. If a question is not answered, no points will be received for that response. Each question is weighted equally.
All questions are worth 20 points: (White collar)
1. Allan Teale set up insurance companies which took advantage of the public in several ways. Identify the types of policies his company issued and why there were no payouts. Discuss the human cost of insurance fraud when someone like Allan Teals sets out to fleece the public.
2. The CIA has a long history of medical abuse taking the form of using drugs to alter behavior. Discuss some of the ways the CIA abused subjects involving psycho-politics and mind control of human subjects. Provide your thoughts on this type of experimentation.
3. Which agency is the most secretive of all U.S. intelligence agencies? What type of illegal acts has this agency been involved in and what amendments have they violated in the past? Do you believe the agency has been held accountable?
4. The financial and social costs of political corruption can be devastating; provide examples of public corruption in the United States. Have those who have committed such actions been held accountable for their actions? Why or why not?
5. Two of the best examples of corruption at the highest level come from the Nixon and Clinton administrations. Select one of these cases and provide your reasoning as to why the case was more damaging to the United States, both internally and externally.
Journal Assignment Grading:
Each assignment is given equal weight out of 100 points. Each question is worth 20 points. If a question is not answered, no points will be received for that response. Each question is weighted equally.
*****Please make sure to site cite and reference them. also make sure to number them carefully”