Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
For this assignment, you will write an APA (7th ed) styled case study. A case study provides an opportunity for students to understand and analyze abnormal behavior. To complete this assignment, you will select one character from a television series or movie who exhibits a mental disorder. Your task will be to assess the selected character’s behavior according to criteria in the following sections:
1. Description: A detailed description of the symptomatic behavior (includes at least 1 APA styled citation)
2. Diagnosis: A diagnostic label from the DSM-5 with justification for selection of that label (includes at least 1 APA styled citation)
3. Perspective: An explanation from three perspectives of your choice (psychodynamic, behavioral, humanistic, cognitive, biological, and sociocultural) explaining the causes of the symptomatic behavior (includes at least 1 APA styled citation)
4. Prognosis: A treatment protocol suggested from chosen perspectives listed in Item III (psychodynamic, behavioral, humanistic, cognitive, biological, sociocultural)(includes at least 1 APA styled citation)
This assignment must be at least 5 pages (at least 1000 words) in length (title page, 3-4 pages for the body, reference page). As stated, your case study must be written in APA (7th ed) format and include a correctly formatted APA styled title page, reference page and at least 4 references from either your textbook, other books, or peer reviewed journals for each of the sections mentioned above. If you need any assistance with this paper, please see “APA Style” under the “Resources” tab or contact any of the HCC librarians. You will submit your case study to by the date listed in your syllabus. This assignment will count 15% of your course grade.
1. Review all 5 APA links under “Resources” in “Modules” before you begin writing your paper
2. For this assignment, no Abstract is required
3. Make sure to divide your paper into 4 sections (Description, Diagnosis, Perspectives, Prognosis) and that each section contains 1 APA reference
4. Use only peer-reviewed sources!!
5. Don’t put sources in your Reference section that are not cited in the body of you paper! (yes, I will check ALL your sources and citations!!)
6. Case study must be at least 1000 words
7 . Use only peer reviewed sources!!!! (see #4 above)