Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
1. As with all disorders, it is essential to determine the root cause of endocrine disorders. What are primary, secondary, and tertiary disorders? Compare the differences among primary, secondary, and tertiary forms of hyposecretion and hypersecretion.
2. The hypothalamic-pituitary system is the main controlling factor for normal endocrine function. What are some of the common ways for this finely balanced system to become unstable?
3. Explain how the circadian rhythm is related to cortisol secretion from the adrenal cortex. What factors cause disturbances in this system?
1. What symptoms and exam findings would prompt you to perform a pituitary workup? What laboratory and neuroimaging studies would you order and why?
2. A 24-year-old postpartum patient presents with vague symptoms of fatigue, weight fluctuation, brittle nails, and a lump in her throat. From an endocrine standpoint, what are your potential diagnoses based on symptoms without knowing lab findings? Include the potential workup you would attempt.
3. What is the difference between diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar nonketotic syndrome? How do the treatment options differ as well as have similarities? What are the associated conditions that would cause either of the conditions?