Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
The research presentation component of the project provides an opportunity to present your research, including data, findings and conclusions. It is a 10 minute presentation, using PowerPoint. You will need to provide suitable background to the project, how you carried out data collection, the results you found, and the conclusions from those results. You will also need to provide references where appropriate. You will be presenting this live to your supervisor and another member of academic staff and marked during the session.
You are required to submit your PowerPoint via Canvas on the date of submission detailed above.
Intended learning outcomes for the assessment
Knowledge and Understanding
1. Choose and define the scope of an appropriate study for a structured investigation.
2. Demonstrate intellectual skills and expertise relating to the execution of a particular scientific study; collect, organise, understand, interpret and integrate information from a variety of appropriate sources, acting autonomously, with minimal supervision.
Intellectual, practical, effective and transferable skills
3. Demonstrate practical skills, or advanced literature analysis skills in terms of technical aptitude and data handling, relating to the execution of a particular scientific research project.
4. Identify, select and justify the use of appropriate techniques and (where relevant) ethical strategies.
5. Critically analyse data and evaluate other evidence that justifies and supports conclusions and/ or recommendations
6. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication. Evidence should be coherent, integrated, sufficiently detailed and presented to a professional standard.
PLEASE NOTE THIS A 10 MINUTES POWERPOINT PRESENTATION