Article: 5 Challenges Facing CHROs at Midsize Companies https://hbr.org/2021/03/5-challenges-facing-chros-at-midsize-companies-today%C2%A0.
Financial challenges are one of the top concerns for organizational leaders today. Financial challenges are found in all areas of the organization and the HR Department is one area of concern. Read the article (by clicking on the link above) and write a one-to three-page paper describing the six principles of finance and the ways each principle relates to at least one issue listed in the article.
Your paper should be in the current APA style and include a title page and reference list for all sources used. You should use a minimum of three scholarly sources (your textbook can be one of the sources).
Explain how Johnson and Johnson has utilized the five management functions (planning, organizing, staffing, directing, controlling) throughout their crisis.
Critically evaluate how an understanding of ethical theory helps in developing sustainable leadership
in an organisation or a team. * Your arguments must be supported by academic literature.
* NOT looking for a description of sustainable leadership theories; rather we expect you to
apply relevant theory/ies to a specific organisation or team.
Select an article from the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times Business section and tell me how it impacts you. You can select any article from the last 7 days.
The paper should be 2 pages. Make sure you cite what article you read.
The case focuses on New Balance – a privately held company and the fourth largest athletic footwear manufacturer in the world. Founded over 100 years ago, New Balance has a strong social responsibility culture and mission established by its owners. As a global player, the present challenge for the company has become to move corporate social responsibility (CSR) to the next level – from “doing what’s right” to fully integrating CSR plan into the business strategy.
You are a consultant brought in by New Balance to help analyze and provide recommendations to create a new CSR business strategy. Please use the provided information from the comprehensive company assessment in the case to identify a few key areas where New Balance can focus on and demonstrate industry leadership while also supporting the bottom line. To do this, please address the following questions and then provide a topline closing summary and recommendations to the owners.
• What is the right structure for adopting a unified, company-wide approach to CSR? To what extent should that structure be formalized? Should New Balance create a CSR department or continue to rely on the RL Steering Committee to drive CSR?
• What are the right areas of focus for the CSR strategy? Please identify three areas and provide specific
analysis why these areas and how they help promote business growth and social impact at the same time.
• What ways can New Balance have the greatest impact to drive these new CSR strategies forward in terms of both the social and business results? Should it concentrate on two or three areas where it is particularly strong or address two or three areas identified as posing the highest risk? Please provide analysis on which ways New Balance can best support their CSR strategy.
• What types of partnerships (i.e., NGOs, government, business) should New Balance look to try to build as part of these efforts? Please provide examples.
• What is the role of the owners – James and Anne Davis – in the process? Senior management? How active should they be and why?
please only use the case study provided. Do not use or reference current information available on New Balance. Your grade will be based on the quality of your analysis and your ability to demonstrate your understanding of strategic CSR with the use of relevant class materials and readings.
you must post a link to a current event article from a respectable news source discussing a relevant business law topic. The article MUST be germane to business law. You should find articles of interest to you. You should NOT submit articles about lawyers or law firms or articles produced by a law firm. Along with a link to the article, you must include a written summary and analysis. The written summary will consist of a minimum of two paragraphs with a minimum of three complete sentences in each paragraph. The first paragraph will summarize the article. In the second paragraph, you shall provide your own thoughts, opinions, and analysis of the legal issues discussed in the article. This may include an analysis of how the legal issues discussed in the article will affect the business community, how the article relates to topics discussed in class, whether the result of the legal issues discussed in the article was just or fair, or what you learned from reading the article. You should be prepared to discuss the article and your analysis in class. Late assignments will not be accepted. You will not receive full credit if the post does not include a link to the article or if the assignment is not professionally submitted.
REQUIREMENT 1: Read Give Your Child Some Credit by Emma Patch
REQUIREMENT 2: Write a brief (one page) response answering the following questions:
What is an authorized user on a credit card? How do the purchases made by both the account owner and authorized user affect each person’s credit?
Do you think you would ever add a child as an authorized user to a credit card in your name? If you have done so, what has been your experience? Or, have you been added as an authorized user to your parent’s account, if so, what was your experience?
What would be some boundaries you would set if you were to add your child as an authorized user? If you have added a child or been added onto an account, what boundaries were set?
Why is it important to start building good credit now?
Submit a paper that is 1 page.
Research about the diesel emissions scandal that started with VW but that includes other companies. What organizational structures and processes permitted this to happen?
Prior to working on this discussion forum, read Chapter 8.
For an organization to thrive, every job must be carefully designed to optimize its functions so the job connects with other jobs in the organization. Ultimately, each job contributes to the fulfillment of the mission of the organization.
In your initial post,
Identify the kinds of jobs that are needed in an organization.
Explain how specialization of labor, or division of labor, has been implemented in an organization in which you have worked (or researched).
Describe how departments are organized.
Discuss if you perceive these groupings to be effective and explain your reasoning.
ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED LOCAL AND/OR NATIONAL BANKS
1. Select five banks: 3 local banks, and 2 major regional or nationwide banks. The three local banks are Regions, BankPlus, Wells Fargo.
2. From their website or their local offices, collect a copy of their latest annual report.
3. Construct a spreadsheet listing the important financial data (assets, liabilities, net income, equity
capital or net worth, dividends, share value, ROA, ROE, EM, etc.) for the selected banks over a
five-year period (2015-2020), or the latest five years for which data are available.
4. In narrative form, provide some background information on the selected banks, describe their
activities, the composition of their assets, their net income level, their equity and dividend earning,
their position in the industry, i.e., their overall performance.
5. Review and analyze their financial statements with extended discussion of the following for each
bank: Net Income, Return on Assets (ROA), Return on Equities (ROE), and the Equity Multiplier
(EM). Present a detailed comparative analysis of the performance of the selected banks according
profitability and safety.
6. Rank the banks according to their performance (based on profits, ROA, ROE and EM) and safety.
Explain your ranking.
7. Assuming that you were the Chairman of the Board or CEO of a major financial institution seeking
to acquire a bank, which bank would you be more willing to purchase? Why? Which would you be
less willing to purchase? Why?
8. References and sources of data must be cited, whenever appropriate, at the end of the document.
The completed assignment must be submitted on CANVAS as a MS-Word document by the due date.
No Late Papers will be accepted. Each report must be typed, double-spaced, using a 12-point font. It
must be presented neatly with a cover page and a reference