Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
ASSIGNMENT: For this essay, From the attached article you will create a 3 page summary and response dialogue with the source (not including cover pages, headings, reference lists, or reflection questions). This will involve providing a detailed summary of the source’s argument and responding to that argument with your position based on the information provided in the source.
I have also attached the Rubric
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines. Refer to the Sample Touchstone for additional guidance on structure, formatting, and citation.
1. Article Summary
❒ Have you introduced the title of the article and the author by name?
❒ Have you communicated the source’s purpose?
❒ Have you included all of the source’s main points, using page-numbered citations as you paraphrase?
❒ Have you restated the source’s argument mostly in your own words, with at least two direct quotations included, too?
2. Article Response
❒ Have you provided your perspective on the source’s argument?
❒ Have you used at least two specific, quoted examples cited examples with page numbers from the source to illustrate why you either agree or disagree with the argument?
❒ Have you answered all reflection questions including specific and concrete examples that provide thoughtful insight in all responses?
❒ Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment?
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
· Composition must be 3 pages (approximately 600-750 words).
· Double-space the composition and use one-inch margins.
· Use a readable 12-point font.
· All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
· Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
· Use of generative chatbot artificial intelligence tools (ChatGPT, Bing Chat, Bard) in place of original writing is strictly prohibited for this assignment.
· Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
· Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
· Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
· Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx.